Whole-Home Humidifiers in San Marcos, TX
Though winters are typically mild in the San Marcos area, there are plenty of cool nights and the occasional burst of sub-freezing temperatures.
Furnaces are often used to keep the cold weather in check but can lead to other comfort issues. Heat pumps, furnaces, or any forced-air heating system can strip moisture from the air, leaving behind hot, dry air that can irritate your skin, nose, and throat while encouraging the spread of illnesses like the flu.
To restore your comfort and make your home feel warm and cozy throughout winter, consider a whole-home humidifier. SM Air features the latest technology and techniques for your home, and we offer upfront pricing, specials and discounts, and excellent service that has earned us many stellar reviews.
To learn if a whole-home humidifier can benefit your home, call (512) 212-4777 to speak with our trusted experts today.
What Does a Humidifier Do?
A humidifier is designed to add moisture to the air. It does this by creating steam or water vapor distributed throughout your home. As the humidity in the home increases, it will feel warmer and more comfortable at slightly lower temperatures, plus the irritation caused by dry air will begin to subside.
For your health and comfort, humidity levels of 30% to 50% are considered ideal. It’s harder for mold, mildew, dust mites, and other pests to thrive at these levels, and illnesses like the cold and flu are harder to transmit. Skin, nose, and throat irritation are greatly reduced, as are allergies and asthma symptoms.
If you have issues with dry air in the winter or any other time of the year, a humidifier may be the perfect solution.
Call (512) 212-4777 to learn more about the advantages of installing a humidifier in your home.
Signs You Need a Whole-Home Humidifier
A whole-home humidifier is relatively quick to install and can be an easy way to improve your comfort and air quality. Here are some signs that a humidifier may be necessary:
- Dry skin or chapped lips: Dry air can draw moisture out of your skin, leaving it dry and irritated and your lips chapped.
- Sore throat: Dry air can irritate your throat or cause wheezing and coughing.
- Nose bleeds: The mucus membranes in your nose are highly sensitive to humidity levels, and if it’s too dry in your home, you may get nose bleeds.
- Cold or flu symptoms: Dry air can cause or contribute to symptoms like coughing, wheezing, throat irritation, eye irritation, runny noses, or fatigue.
- Worsening allergies: The symptoms of allergies and asthma can be exacerbated by air that’s too dry.
- Static: Dry air can increase the frequency of static discharges, even causing damage to sensitive electronics.
- Dry wood: Air that’s too dry can draw the moisture out of wood furniture, flooring, and trim, affecting its finish and causing cracking or other damage.
To learn more about the effects of low humidity on your health and air quality, call (512) 212-4777 to speak with our air quality experts at SM Air.
Humidifier Service & Installation in San Marcos
Maximize your comfort and air quality with a whole-home humidifier from SM Air. We install and service humidifiers from the industry’s top manufacturers and can recommend the best model for your needs and budget.
Our humidifiers are installed quickly in your ductwork and help maintain healthy humidity levels throughout your home. We feature only the highest-quality products and services and are committed to providing excellent service with unparalleled honesty and integrity.
Call (512) 212-4777 today to request a quote for a whole-home humidifier installation.