Ductless Mini-Split Repair in San Marcos, TX
If you have ductless mini-splits in your home, you already know how great they are at keeping your home comfortable year-round while keeping your energy costs down.
Mini-splits are workhorses that require minimal upkeep, but not zero. Like anything else in your home, your mini-split system will eventually need repairs. When that happens, call SM Air. We’ll take care of your HVAC system to make sure your home returns to normal as quickly as possible.
Having trouble with your ductless mini-splits? Call the friendly pros at SM Air at (512) 212-4777 for a free estimate today.
Signs Your Mini-Splits Need Repair
How do you know when it’s time to call a repair pro? Knowing what to watch for is important so you don’t let a small issue grow into a costly problem.
Here are six signs that your ductless mini-splits are on the fritz:
- Not blowing cool air or blowing warm air when it should be cooling
- Making strange noises when it’s running
- Turning on and off frequently (short-cycling)
- Indoor unit is leaking
- Remote control isn’t working
- Unresponsive to thermostat adjustments
If you notice any of these signs, it’s best to schedule repairs ASAP. Call the pros at SM Air for a free estimate at (512) 212-4777 today.
It Made a Noise/It’s Leaking/It’s Shutting Off — Now What?
When we come to your home to work on your mini-splits, we properly inspect your system, check your air filters and replace them if they’re dirty, top off your refrigerant, and make sure there are no leaks.
No matter what’s causing the issue, we’ll locate the source of the problem and make all necessary repairs to get your system back up and running in no time.
Here are some of the problems you may have with your mini-splits:
- Refrigerant leaks: A mini-split can develop leaks over time, leading to less efficient cooling. The system will need a leak detection, repair, and refrigerant refill.
- Blocked or dirty air filters: Reduced airflow can strain the system. Regular cleaning or replacement of filters ensures efficient operation.
- Sensor problems: The thermostat sensor measures the air temperature entering the evaporator coil. If it’s out of position, the unit may behave erratically or cycle constantly.
- Drainage issues: Like all AC units, mini-splits produce condensation. Proper drainage is essential; otherwise, you might find pooling water or even mold.
- Motor and compressor failures: These are essential components for both heating and cooling. If they malfunction, the system might not produce the desired temperature.
- Remote control malfunctions: Sometimes, the issue might be the remote not communicating with the indoor unit, requiring a simple fix or replacement.
- Electrical issues: This could range from faulty wiring to blown fuses. It’s essential to address these promptly to prevent more significant failures.
- Blower fan problems: If the fan isn’t working correctly, you might notice uneven cooling or reduced airflow.
- Condenser issues: The outdoor unit, or condenser, can face problems like blocked coils, affecting the system’s efficiency.
Is your mini-split system not working as effectively as it should?
Call the HVAC pros of SM Air at (512) 212-4777 for a free estimate today.
Choose SM Air for Your Ductless Mini-Splits Repairs in San Marcos
Can your HVAC system make it through the summer? Don’t wait to find out. SM Air is dedicated to providing prompt mini-split repair or replacement, ensuring your home maintains your ideal comfort level all year.
SM Air is proud to offer our Maintenance Plan Care Club, a great way to keep your HVAC system in tiptop shape. The plan includes:
- One cooling checkup and one heating checkup annually
- A 15% repair discount, saving you $75 on a $500 repair
- No service fee if a repair is made
- One AC drain line cleaning at the time of checkup
- Priority scheduling
- One-year repair warranty
Don’t wait until your HVAC system fails. Call SM Air at (512) 212-4777 to schedule your repairs today.