Air Purifier Installation in San Marcos, TX
Poor air quality from pollen, dust, and other particulates can be downright suffocating. Not only can poor ventilation cause unpleasant odors in your home, but prolonged exposure can have a detrimental effect on your respiratory health. If you or your loved ones have been experiencing asthma, congestion or allergy symptoms, you may be experiencing the direct result of poor ventilation in your environment. Thankfully, the addition of an air purifier in your home HVAC system may make a dramatic difference in the quality of the air around you.
At SM Air, we have a commitment to providing crisp, clean air for each of our clients. Our team of HVAC experts has been providing premium air services to our customers since 1986, and we want every room you enter to hold a breath of fresh air.
Give us a call at (512) 212-4777 or contact us online to speak with a representative today and find out what SM Air can do for you!
4 Benefits of Using an Air Purifier
- Removes harmful particles like dust, pollen, and pet dander
- Neutralizes smoke and other odor-causing agents
- Traps up to 99% of airborne bacteria and seasonal allergens
- Leaves your family and friends breathing easy
How It Works
Air purifiers utilize a series of small fans to pull household air through an intricate system of sieve filters. These filters catch and trap harmful particles in the air, such as dust or pollen. The finer the filter, the better your purifier is equipped to trap smaller particles.
HEPA filters are designed to capture some of the finest air impurities, often associated with allergies. These pollutants are generally too small to be seen by the naked eye. While a standard air conditioning filter will catch particles 10.0 microns or larger, a HEPA filter can collect particles as fine as 0.3 microns or larger.
For more information types of filters and systems, contact us online or give us a call at (512) 212-4777 to find the best system for you.
Cleaning & Care for Your Purifier
If your purifying system has filters that can be removed and washed, be sure to do so regularly to prevent buildup. A clean filter will trap more particles and keep your air flowing freely.
Most of our indoor air quality systems are installed directly into your home’s HVAC unit, meaning that all of your air is coming through extensively filtered and fresh. Routine maintenance for your HVAC unit is key.
Whenever you are concerned, it is always wise to call in a professional for help. Our experienced team of HVAC technicians will be on the scene to inspect and service your air purifier and provide any necessary repairs, so that your system is running at optimal capacity. Talk about breathing easy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do air purifiers really work?
Yes, air purifiers work very well, depending on the model and how the air is cleaned. Like an air cleaner, air purifiers remove contaminants from the air, but they use a different technology. HEPA filter-based air cleaners, for instance, can remove up to 99.7% of airborne particles over 0.3 microns. This means fewer allergy symptoms, less skin and eye irritation, and better overall health.
What are the different types of air purifiers?
The most common air purifiers include:
- HEPA air purifiers – High-efficiency filter media removes over 99.7% of airborne particles 0.3 microns and above.
- Activated carbon purifiers – Filters impregnated with activated carbon eliminate odors from cooking, tobacco smoke, chemical fumes, VOCs, and more.
- Ultraviolet air purifiers – High-intensity UV light destroys genetic material of airborne bacteria, viruses, mold spores, pollen, and other microorganisms, killing them and leaving the air disinfected.
- Ionic air purifiers – By emitting negative ions, ionic air cleaners attract positively charged particles of dust, pollen, mold, and other contaminants, trapping them on a special collector plate.
- Electronic air cleaners – These air purifiers use static electricity to attract and remove airborne particles from the air in combination with a HEPA or high-efficiency filter.
- Central air cleaners – Installed on the HVAC system, these air cleaners use high-efficiency filters to remove up to 99% of dust, pollen, mold spores, and other pollutants.
Why should I get an air purifier?
Air purifiers are a great investment for any home that has family members with allergies, asthma, COPD, or other respiratory conditions, as well as those who suffer from eye, skin, or throat irritation. Air purifiers can remove the airborne particles, odors, and chemical vapors that contribute to these conditions.
Do air purifiers help keep you from getting sick?
Air purifiers can significantly improve the symptoms of allergies and asthma by eliminating the particles that contribute to these conditions. Additionally, HEPA filters and UV air purifiers can effectively remove most bacteria and viruses from the air, preventing the spread of illnesses.
If you have any other questions about air purifiers, contact our team at SM Air today!
Your Neighborhood Professionals in San Marcos, TX
Your San Marcos home is in the best hands with SM Air. We proudly service both commercial and residential properties, meaning no job is too big or too small. Our top priority is to provide you with the comfort and air quality you deserve.
Call us today at (512) 212-4777 or contact us online for more information on our products and services. We are here for you!