Thermostat Installation & Repair in San Marcos, TX
It’s one thing to have a robust, functioning HVAC system working in your residential or commercial space. However, it’s kind of hard to use these units when you don’t have a thermostat that functions properly. The thermostat is the remote control for your HVAC system, and without one that works correctly, your building may be colder or warmer than you like. Or worse, it might be colder or warmer to such a degree that your space may become unsafe. If you are struggling with a finicky thermostat, call the professionals at SM Air for thermostat repair and replacement in San Marcos now! From diagnosis, installation, repair, and replacement, we can give you the service you need.
Thermostat giving you troubles? Call SM Air now at (512) 212-4777 or contact us online for thermostat repair and replacement in San Marcos.
What Types of Thermostats Can I Have in My Home or Commercial Building?
There are a lot of different types of thermostats. Our thermostat products include:
- Standard Digital Thermostats. Minimal features and simple design, but our high-quality thermostat options can provide you with the precision controls you need.
- Programmable Thermostats. Programmable thermostats take things a step further, offering programmable routines that save energy and streamline your home comfort levels.
- Wi-Fi Thermostats. Wi-Fi–capable thermostats carry all of the benefits of a programmable thermostat, but they also offer control options via smartphone apps, personal computers, and tablets for precision comfort control from anywhere.
- Line Voltage Thermostats: These types of thermostats work best with electric heaters, like radiant, convection, or resistance heaters. These heaters are powered directly by your building’s source of electricity.
- Low Voltage Thermostats: These thermostats are used in tandem with a central furnace, boiler, or heat pump. They don’t use as much electricity as a line voltage thermostat, so you’ll save some money at the end of the month on your electricity bill.
- Smart Thermostats: How smart are these thermostats, actually? Well, they learn your habits and adjust the temperature of your building to change when people exit and enter your building. This helps you save money, control your air from anywhere, and even use voice control!
If you’re interested in any of these thermostats or you’d like to talk to a professional about which thermostat would be best for your building, call SM Air at (512) 212-4777 or contact us online now.
Choose SM Air for Your Thermostat Repair and Replacement Needs
In the market for a smart or programmable thermostat? Or just need some repairs on the one you already have? SM Air is here to help you and your San Marcos home or commercial space. We pride ourselves on a job well-done and will always stand by our quality of work. Our technicians are honest and upfront about pricing and want to work with you to ensure you get the service you need to succeed and have a healthy and well-functioning building.
To get started with SM Air’s thermostat repair and replacement services, call us now at (512) 212-4777 or contact us online now!
Are smart thermostats worth the money?
At even the most basic level, smart thermostats increase your property value, so you’re making an investment in the future value of your home. But they’re valuable long before you sell. They function like “regular” thermostats, but you can control a smart thermostat with your cellphone. You can program your thermostat to begin heating or cooling at a certain time every day. You save money on monthly energy costs, and there are also rebates and tax incentives available in some areas.
How can I tell if my thermostat is working properly?
Thermostats can go bad. Here are some signs you may need a thermostat replacement:
- It’s unresponsive – If it “just doesn’t work,” check the batteries first, but if that doesn’t do the trick, you may need professional service.
- Room temperature and thermostat setting are different – If you’ve set it for 70° but it’s much colder or hotter in one or more rooms, there’s likely a thermostat problem.
- Your HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning) system doesn’t respond – If your heating/cooling unit doesn’t respond after you make thermostat adjustments, it might be a wiring issue.
- Your HVAC won’t turn off – The thermostat wiring could be bad or the thermostat may be miscalibrated.
Will a new thermostat really help me save money?
Absolutely! They can save energy, and that means lower heating and cooling bills every month. You can save as much as $200/year. But just how much money they save depends on you. Before you invest in a smart thermostat — and it is definitely an investment that increases your property value — learn how they work and what advantages they offer.
Returning to a cooled-down house after a hot day outside is something Texans appreciate. And there’s no sense in heating an empty house, so being able to control your home heating/cooling remotely is very effective.
Some of the smart thermostats even tell you when it’s time to change your HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning) filter. Clean filters improve IAQ (indoor air quality) and maximize your system; another way you save money.
SM Air is the San Marcos-area HVAC company that specializes in thermostats. We can help you decide which type of thermostat works best for your property (and your wallet). Call 512-212-4777 or contact us to learn more about our residential and commercial services.