Whole-House Filtration Systems in San Marcos, TX
When you think about staying comfortable and healthy in your home, you might picture controlling the temperature. However, maintaining good indoor air quality is just as important as adjusting the thermostat to meet your needs.
You have several options for cleaning the air in your home, including installing a whole-house filtration system. But not all HVAC filters are created equal. With help from SM Air, you can choose a cost-effective air quality solution to control allergens and ensure your whole family can breathe easy.
Call (512) 212-4777 or contact us online to learn more about whole-house filtration options in San Macros.
Signs You Need a Better Home Air Filtration System
You might need to choose a more advanced whole-house filtration system if you notice any of the following:
- Worse allergy or asthma symptoms while at home
- Stuffy indoor air
- Lingering odors
- Excessively dusty surfaces
How to Choose an Air Filtration System
Installing the right filter can reduce indoor air pollution and even bring relief to asthma and allergy sufferers. Consider your options for upgrading from a standard one-inch-thick fiberglass filter:
- Pleated filters: For a step up in home air filtration, consider a thick pleated filter, which has a larger surface area to capture debris as it circulates through the ductwork.
- Media filters: These are denser than standard air filters with a functional surface of around 10 inches, allowing them to capture about 95% of airborne particles.
- Electrostatically charged filters: A filtration system with magnetically charged material has even more advanced pollutant-trapping capabilities. Even particles that are technically too small to become trapped are attracted to the charged filter, making it possible to trap up to 99.9% of particles.
- HEPA filters: High-efficiency particulate arrestance (HEPA) filters are often reserved for hospitals and science labs. With a minimum efficiency reporting value (MERV) of 17 to 21, they can trap 99.97 to 99.99% of all particles down to 0.3 microns in size. HEPA filters must be very thick and dense to achieve such incredible filtration. This may prohibitively restrict airflow, so speak with an SM Air expert about modifying your HVAC system if you’re interested in this filtration option.
If you’re not sure which whole-house filter is right for you, the experts at SM Air can help you make your selection. For expert advice from our team, please call (512) 212-4777.
The Importance of Changing the Air Filter
Filtration systems clean the air by trapping contaminants. Over time, the filter can become clogged with textile fibers, dust, hair, and other airborne debris. If ignored, a clogged filter can restrict airflow, causing your furnace to work harder and possibly overheat. Depending on the style, you may need to change your filter as often as once a month or as infrequently as once a year. If you have pets, smoke cigarettes, or perform a home renovation that generates dust, you may need to change the filter more regularly.
Let Us Assist With Your Home Air Filtration Needs in San Marcos
At SM Air, there’s nothing more important to us than making sure you receive the service and tools you need to have a comfortable, healthy home. Our technicians are highly trained, professional workers who will treat you courteously during every interaction. We are always honest and upfront about pricing and do our best to ensure we’re on the same page about service expectations.
Get in touch with SM Air by calling (512) 212-4777 to discuss your home filtration needs in San Marcos today!