Thermostat Installation & Repair in San Marcos, TX
It’s one thing to have a strong, functioning HVAC system in your residential or commercial space. However, it’s hard to use these units when you don’t have a thermostat that functions properly.
The thermostat is the remote control for your HVAC system, and without one that works correctly, your building may be colder or warmer than you like. Or worse, it might be colder or warmer to such a degree that your space may become unsafe.
If you’re struggling with a finicky thermostat, call the professionals at SM Air for thermostat repair and replacement in San Marcos! From diagnosis to installation, repair, and replacement, we can provide the service you need.
Having thermostat troubles? Call SM Air today at (512) 212-4777 or contact us online for thermostat repair and replacement in San Marcos.
What Types of Thermostats Can I Have in My Home or Commercial Building?
There are many types of thermostats. Our thermostat products include:
- Standard digital thermostats: With minimal features and simple design, our high-quality thermostat options can provide the precision controls you need.
- Programmable thermostats: These take things a step further, offering programmable routines that save energy and streamline your home comfort levels.
- Wi-Fi thermostats: Wi-Fi–capable thermostats carry all the benefits of a programmable thermostat while offering control options via smartphone apps, personal computers, and tablets for precision comfort control from anywhere.
- Line-voltage thermostats: These work best with electric heaters, like radiant, convection, or resistance heaters. These heaters are powered directly by your building’s electricity source.
- Low-voltage Thermostats: These are used in tandem with a central furnace, boiler, or heat pump. They don’t use as much electricity as a line voltage thermostat, so you’ll save money on your electricity bill at the end of the month.
- Smart thermostats: These thermostats learn your habits and adjust your building’s temperature when people exit and enter. This helps you save money, control your air from anywhere, and even use voice control!
Interested in any of these thermostats or want to talk to a professional about which would be best for your building? Call SM Air at (512) 212-4777 or contact us online today.
Will a New Thermostat Help Me Save Money?
Absolutely! They can save energy, which means lower heating and cooling bills every month. You can save as much as $200 per year.
How much money they save depends on you. Before investing in a smart thermostat — an investment that increases your property value — learn how they work and what advantages they offer.
Returning to a cooled-down house after a hot day outside is something every Texan appreciates. And there’s no sense in heating an empty house, so being able to control your home heating/cooling remotely is very effective.
Some smart thermostats even tell you when it’s time to change your HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning) filter. Clean filters improve IAQ (indoor air quality) and maximize your system — another way you save money.
SM Air is the San Marcos-area HVAC company that specializes in thermostats. We can help you decide which type works best for your property (and your wallet).
Choose SM Air for Your Thermostat Repair and Replacement Needs
In the market for a smart or programmable thermostat? Or need repairs on the one you already have? SM Air can help you and your San Marcos home or commercial space.
We pride ourselves on a job well-done and will always stand by our work quality. Our technicians are honest and upfront about pricing and want to work with you to ensure you get the service you need to succeed and have a healthy and well-functioning building.
Call (512) 212-4777 or contact us online today to get started with SM Air’s thermostat repair and replacement services!
Are smart thermostats worth the money?
At even the most basic level, smart thermostats increase your property value, so you’re investing in the future value of your home. But they’re valuable long before you sell.
They function like regular thermostats, but you can control a smart thermostat with your cellphone. You can program it to begin heating or cooling at a certain time every day. You can also save money on monthly energy costs, and rebates and tax incentives are available in some areas.
How can I tell if my thermostat is working properly?
Thermostats can malfunction or fail. Here are some signs you may need a thermostat replacement:
- It’s unresponsive: If it “just doesn’t work,” check the batteries first, but if that doesn’t help, you may need professional service.
- Room temperature and thermostat setting are different: If you’ve set it for 70°, but it’s much colder or hotter in one or more rooms, there’s likely a thermostat problem.
- Your HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning) system doesn’t respond: If your heating/cooling unit doesn’t respond after you adjust the thermostat, it might be a wiring issue.
- Your HVAC won’t turn off: The thermostat wiring could be bad, or the thermostat may be miscalibrated.
Each of those signs can also indicate an HVAC problem. Your Hays County HVAC professionals can determine the source, whether it’s your thermostat or HVAC system.