Meet Our Leadership Team
At San Marcos Air Conditioning, we have a team of highly experienced and dedicated leaders who work hard to achieve our vision, and work closely with each other to meet the demands of our customers.
Lucas Novak, President
As President of SM Air / San Marcos Air Conditioning, Lucas Novak is responsible for running the day-to-day operations of the company. Since acquiring SM Air in 2012, he has steadily grown the company in size as well as in its reputation for working with customers with a commitment to quality, fairness, and honesty.
Under his leadership, the company has been ranked among the Top 15 Mechanical Contractors in Texas and Louisiana by ENR Magazine as well as Best Heating and AC Service Company in Hays County by the San Marcos Daily Record for several years running.
Born and raised in San Antonio, Lucas has been involved in the HVAC contracting and construction industry since 2004. He graduated from Baylor University where he met his wife. Together they are raising three children.
Mike Novak is the Executive Chairman of San Marcos Air Conditioning and is the Chairman and CEO of Novak Group LLC, which he founded in 2006 to form precision teams to pursue and execute niche contracting opportunities.
He has over 35 years of entrepreneurial experience in starting and developing award-winning construction firms, ranging from the traditional general contracting model to starting margin-driven specialty contracting firms.
Mike’s public service has been an anchor and driving force in San Antonio’s economic development base for the last 25 years. He continues to be very active by serving on many community boards and commissions, including involvement in the following organizations:
- Texas Facilities Commission (Vice Chairman) – is responsible for planning, constructing and managing facilities for more than 100 state agencies in over 290 cities throughout Texas. The current inventory totals over 30 million sq. ft. of leased and state-owned properties. Novak was appointed to the seven-member commission in Dec. 2011, nominated by Speaker Joe Straus and appointed by Governor Rick Perry.
- San Antonio Military Task Force (MTTF) – The Community-Military Partnership for BRAC execution. The 2005 BRAC round produced over $3 billion in construction projects and added in excess of 10,000 new jobs to the community. Mike served as Presiding MTTF Tri-Chair from 2006-2014.
- Greater San Antonio Chamber of Commerce, Chairman of the Board, 2004.
- Bexar County Commissioner, Sworn in January 1, 1995 – Four-year term.
- Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) State Board, Building Branch, President of the Board, 1992.
Rick Gonzales – Vice President
Rick Gonzales is the Vice President of Service and Business Development for San Marcos Air Conditioning. Prior to this position, he was Director of Business Development for Novak Group LLC.
Rick was previously with CCI Telecom Inc. (another Novak company sold to a public firm in 2005) as Vice President of Business Development. He directed the sales and marketing for the corporate holding company and its five business units and subsidiaries in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Venezuela, and Brazil.
During his tenure, the company became one of the largest wireless infrastructure deployment firms in the nation. CCI was ranked for several years among the “Top 15 Telecommunications Contractors” in the nation by Engineering-News Record as well as among the “Top 50 Largest Private Companies in San Antonio” by the San Antonio Business Journal. In the 1990s, as CEO of the San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Rick ran the oldest and one of the largest Hispanic Chambers in the nation. He earned a Bachelor’s in International Studies from Austin College in Sherman, Texas.